Sunday, May 21, 2006

SP8 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I don't like ones that feel scratchy. I also have to take climate into consideration. Florida and 100% wool are not the best of friends.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a large wine bottle holder to hold my straights, a pencil case for my double points and another for crochet hooks. For my circulars I have three Addi Blue cases they sell.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for over 2 years now and would consider myself an advanced beginner (because there are still some things I need to try)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I have a wish list but it has odd things on it. I need to update it.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like clean scents nothing overly floral.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes, Japanese candies and anything dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I am a beader with more beads than time. I do drop spindle- I just haven't done a lot due to an injury last fall.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Everything but hard core rap and country. I prefer Alternative and 80's music. Yes, I can play MP3s and I just got an Ipod this year.


9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite would be anything jewel tone. I lean heavily into the purples, blues, teals, and greens. I don't look good in many reds, hideous in yellow and quite odd in orange. And Brown is not the new black because I can't wear it.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Single no pets (please don't send my any either-pets that is). I don't have pets because I like to travel.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves mainly, hats occasionally, mittens seldom, ponchos never.


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Love socks and shawls.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Lift and Separate from BGK.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I thoroughly enjoy them. Best SP present were a pair of socks and a purse my SP knitted me.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?


I like both depends on what I am knitting. I tend to use circulars for most things because they are easier to deal with. I like Addi Turbos for my circulars. But I use Inox and Ebony ones for my lace knitting. DP I only like wooden. SP I have mainly Brittany Birches-would like to try Ebony.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a winder. I would like a swift-either table top or a metal umbrella style. I


17. How did you learn to knit?

Self taught

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

Mary Ella about a year.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Anyone that gives me off from work. I love Halloween though.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Hello Kitty and rubber ducks

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I would like to see what the to do about Socks that Rock is about and I would like to try Ebony Double Points.

I only get Interweave Knits.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Not at this time.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. I wear a size 9.5-10. I have duck feet which mean the front of my foot is wide like a duck with skinny heels.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 05/02

No comments: