1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I tend to prefer the nicer yarns found in yarn stores over Red Heart and Lion Brand, mainly because I have come to realize they are not cheaper than some yarns you can find in a yarn store. So I am a bit of a yarn snob. That being said I like alot of the Lion Brand yarns though.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I have several drop spindles. Kind of dig spinning this way.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to of all things Vit C, I can have small doses but I cannot eat a lot of it. Strange I know. Stranger if you can find Vit C laden yarn. Also I have problems with smoke from cigarettes.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Seriously since Sept 04.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Why yes I do...Amazon Wish List It might come up Ann because my mom set it up originally, since I am so hard to buy for.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like clean smells not overly floral or sweet and exotic scents. I like
melon scents. My favorite candle is the Halloween ones from Yankee in Witches Brew. I tend to steer clear of anything overpowering.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Is the Pope Roman Catholic? Yes. I like all kinds of candy. Especially Frango from Marshal Fields and dark chocolate.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I am a beader (big time sitting on a couple thousand dollars worth of beads). With beads I am a bead snob. I also do metal work, PMC3 and wire wrapping.
Hmmmm beads... but have yet to combine knitting and beading. I also do some drawing.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love all kinds of music except for rap and religous. I tend to listen to a lot of Celtic, soundtracks (Broadway shows are my favorite) and alternative. I can play MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color
family/season/palette you prefer?
Because of my coloring I have to go with jewel tones. I avoid yellows and orange colors and any reds that are not blue based. I am drawn to blacks, purples, and the blue greens. I avoid white, except for socks and Keds, because the uncapped highlighters, markers and pens way across the room will sense I am wearing white and come flying across the room to target my shirt or it will rain.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single and loving it. No pets. My mom has a cat does that count? A cat who does not act very catish.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here,
To marry Orlando Bloom...hehe. Actually, I would like to go to Grad School for Forensic Anthropology. Be a published and successful writer/artist.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I don't really have a favorite yarn. I am still too new to knitting. I go more
for color and feel. I love soft feeling yarns but I am willing to try anything.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Scratchy yarns and very heavy yarns. I live in Florida where it is cold
about a month and only in the mornings and evenings really.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I have been itching to do some lace work.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I don't have anything really I am enjoying it all since it is so new to me.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Sweater and a pair of anklets.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
So last year, fashion wise, plus shawls are more practical in Florida.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project. I love my Addi Turbos (use them for larger projects as well as circular). I also love double pointed needles. I like wooden needles too.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Wooden and Addi Turbo metal
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
Self Taught I'm self taught in many things because I have ADD/HDD
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Just finished my oldest now working on the second one which was started in Feb before it became to hot to do a sweater.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Hello Kitty. I also like gargoyles but I LOVE Hello Kitty. I also like different rubber duckies.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and St Patrick's Day. Have bad memories of birthdays between my family never remembering what day it was (one aunt thought it was in June or July...May 2 actually.) and the fact when I was little I always had wine cake for my birthday...everyone loved it...but me. So I couldn't even have my own cake.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Lampwork beads and hand blown from glass artists and Hello Kitty.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I only get the Interweave publication
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Most of them are on my Amazon list.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
I have gotten into lace shawls I have several patterns from Fibre Trends I will post them later.
ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
Let me get back to this soon as I can find my tape measure hehe.