Saturday, March 05, 2005

Post Mid Term Shop Therapy

This is all Felicia's fault...she picks the best yarns out. I saw the Jaggerspun Zephyr on her site and told myself I would have to find someone who carries it and order it at some point. I never thought I would find it locally. But I did this afternoon. Unable to resist. I picked out Jade, Iris and a black. I really need to get another Jade one I think. Ooh another visit to there the trial of it all. All of these are earmarked for some shawls. The Jade is going to be one of the ones out of Scarf Style.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On the sock front:

Look a sock!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look 2 Socks!!!! I have heard about the dreaded second sock. To avoid this I cast on and started the second sock. They are about at the same point.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Close up of the heel. I have no clue what short rows should look like. I don't know if I want to know because I am quite happy with how these look. Now I just need to figure out how to make my purl side ones look just a nice. They are a bit more rustic in appearance.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look like excellent short rows. I have done a few pairs of socks with them and while I like working them I and they wear well(on me, anyway) I don't like the way they turn out with a short row heel when I use those self-striping sock yarns. But the socks are coming along great!!